Social Icons

twitterfacebooklinkedinFollow Me on Pinterestemail

vineri, ianuarie 11, 2013

101 in 1001: Eat Something I've Never Eaten Before

My boyfriend and his brother got a hankering today for chilli con carne. Now, I know this sounds weird and unreal, but I've never eaten chilli con carne, despite having Mexican friends and overall enjoying Mexican food. It's probably because I don't normally eat beans - I've gotten really sick a long time ago, back in high-school, from eating insufficiently cooked beans, and I've stayed away from them ever since except for the occasional bean in a salad.

So now I get to cross the first thing on my 101 in 1001 list - eat something I've never eaten before. This was number 65.

I'll admit that, when I made the list, I thought I would be eating some exotic thing like sushi (yep, never had sushi yet either), but this will do for now. My boyfriend is such a great cook that I absolutely had to try it out, and it was better than expected, especially since he added a motherload of chilli and some chilli infused olive oil, which is just the most exquisite thing ever.

Here's the pic to prove it. And next to it there's a great rosé Portuguese wine (not Port though), which didn't really go with this type of meal, but I love it, so I didn't really care.



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu