Social Icons

twitterfacebooklinkedinFollow Me on Pinterestemail

vineri, iunie 02, 2006

The Music in My Life


Today I wanted to talk about music. As I was really inspired by Iris' concert last night, it was extraordinary, and what can I say? I missed them, really... True fact : it was raining before they started to sing, it stopped the moment they got on stage. After all, it's IRIS.

So, as I was saying, this post is about music, Feel free not to read it, it will be long, maybe boring. It's about my music, what is it that inspires me, what makes me go through every day. I need music, I have music in my life, I hear it at every step, and I can't live without it. Different days, different moments make me listen to different music. It's just who I am, although some people may criticize this, the lack of one unique style.

I grew up listening to Queen, Kraftwerk, Beatles, Phoenix. My mom loved music and she taught me and my brother appreciate it. I still listen to Queen and Phoenix ; I never understood Kraftwerk, and I hate Beatles.

I started listening to rock in the 3rd grade, it was when I discovered Guns'n'Roses. Then, in the 5th grade, I started listening to Bon Jovi. It was and still is my favorite band. And although I could listen to any rock band, sometimes even punk, I will always return to my first love. It is the only music that makes me find peace, that accompanies me in all my happy and sad moments. I have a friend that asked me one day why I like them, because she thinks they don't make real music... I don't know, I just do. They're poets.

When I wake up in the morning, there are 2 bands I always listen to to put me in a good mood. It is either Cargo, or Rammstein. It's either "Ochii din sertar" or "Sehnsucht". They wake me up and make me start the day smiling. I don't listen to music that makes me feel sad. I think it sucks to drown yourself in depressing thoughts, it makes you a loser. Everything I choose to listen to has the only purpose of making me feel better. Like Pasărea Colibri, they make me happy.

And when I'm angry, really angry and need desperately to calm down, I usually go to Craddle of Filth, Deftones, Marilyn Manson. My boyfriend said I am a suicide girl because I like Craddle of Filth. It's not true, it's not auto-distructive, just anger releasing.

And then there are the classics... I mean, IRIS. No offense to American, English, German rock, but Iris are the best, in my point of view. No additional comments needed. Who knows them, knows what I'm talking about.

There are a lot more, I won't put them in here... I will just say this, I like poetry. And of course, I like music with a message. Poems accompanied by music. And I recently discovered, thanks to Ric, two magnificent poets : Renato Russo and Cazuza. Rock musicians, outcasts of society, POETS. I recommend their bands, Legião Urbana and Barão Vermelho. Of course, you'll need to know Portuguese.

PICTURE© 2006 moonlight

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu