Social Icons

twitterfacebooklinkedinFollow Me on Pinterestemail

miercuri, mai 30, 2007

Fishisms, Mcbealisms... and Me in Between

I told you before I like "Ally McBeal". I also told you that I find myself in the character, and most of the time I associate myself with her. Well, I've started watching it again, took out my dvd-s. Anyways, this is a reason to post some of the best fishisms, mcbealisms and "snappish" quotes, some of which, of course, I relate to.



Ally McBeal: I like being a mess. It's who I am.

Ally McBeal: Even if I did get past all my problems, I'm just gonna get out and get new ones.

Ally McBeal: Maybe I'm happy and I just don't know it.

Ally McBeal: The real truth is, I probably don't want to be too happy or content. Because, then what? I actually like the quest, the search. That's the fun. The more lost you are, the more you have to look forward to. What do you know? I'm having a great time and I don't even know it.

Ally McBeal: There's no sin in loving men. Only pain!

Ally McBeal: You only die once!

Ally McBeal: Law and love are the same - romantic in concept but the actual practice can give you a yeast infection.

Ally McBeal: Men are like gum anyway - after you chew they lose their flavor.

Ally McBeal: The idea that when people come together, they stay together. I have to take that with me when I'm going to bed at night, Even if I'm going to bed alone. That's a McBealism.

Ally McBeal: Sometimes... there's no point in the truth if the only thing it will do is cause pain.

Ally McBeal: Wow... I have a boyfriend.

Ally McBeal: Here I am, the victim of my own choices. And I'm just starting.

Ally McBeal: Sometimes...when you hold out for everything, you walk away with nothing.

Ally McBeal: Today is going to be a...less bad day. I can feel it. Sometimes I wake up and know everything is going to be...less bad.

Ally McBeal: If you think back and replay your year, if it doesn't bring you tears either of joy or sadness, consider it wasted.

Ally McBeal: If women really wanted to change society, they could do it. I plan to change it. I just want to get married first.

Ally McBeal: How do I get myself into these things?

Ally McBeal: You can't win the raffle if you don't at least by a ticket.

Ally McBeal: Whoever said that plenty of fish in the sea thing was lying.
Sometimes there's only one fish. Trust me.

Ally McBeal: How did I get to be such a mess so soon in my life?

Ally McBeal: I know I've got it great, really, good job, good friends, loving family, total freedom, and long bubblebaths. What else could there be?

Ally McBeal: Who wants to be balanced? Balance is overrated!


Ally McBeal: There are some people who meet that somebody that they can never stop loving, no matter how hard they try. ... there are some loves that don't go away. And maybe that makes them crazy, but we should all be lucky enough to end up with somebody who has a little of that insanity. Someone who never lets go. Someone who cherishes you forever.

Georgia Thomas: Ally, what makes your problems so much bigger than everybody else's?
Ally McBeal: They're mine.

Renée Radick: Snow White. Cinderella. All about gettin' a guy. Being saved by the guy. Today it's the Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Pocahontas. All about gettin' a guy.
Ally McBeal: So basically we're screwed up because of...
Renée Radick: Disney.

Judge Jennifer "Whipper" Cone: No, I don't think you're nuts, but I don't think that you have both feet on the ground either.
Ally McBeal: You mean some people do?

Ally McBeal: Love isn't always enough.
Larry: Yeah, it is. You go without it long enough and you realize it's everything.


Richard Fish: You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are. Fishism.

Richard Fish: "Problem" is just a bleak word for challenge.

Richard Fish: Everybody's alone. It's just easier to take in a relationship.

Richard Fish: Helping others is never more rewarding than when it's in your own self interest.

Richard Fish: Let me tell you something. I didn't become a lawyer because I like the law; the law sucks. It's boring, but it can also be used as a weapon. You want to bankrupt somebody? Cost him everything he's worked for? Make his wife leave him, even make his kids cry? Yeah, we can do that.

Richard Fish: Make enough money, and everything else will follow. Quote me. That's a Fishism.

Richard Fish: You know, I had a great aunt once who said if you stare at a beautiful woman too long, you turn to stone. She was partially right.

Richard Fish: John? John, y- you got the biggest booger. Oh, sorry, it's a frog. Bygones.

Richard Fish: Love is an equation, a me and a you derives a we."

Richard Fish: Never trust a second thought. Where there is two there is three. You will end up thinking forever.

Richard Fish: Personal questions don't bother me. I just lie.

Richard Fish: Sex for me, when it's right it's right. When it's wrong, it's still right. Fishism.

Georgia Thomas: Well, by all means let's hear your opinion, Richard.
Richard Fish: Simple. Men and women. Friction.
Georgia Thomas: That's it? Friction?
Richard Fish: Friction, friction, friction, orgasm. Fishism. Are we going to dance or not?

John "The Biscuit" Cage: The world is no longer a romantic place. Some of its people still are however, and therein lies the promise. Don't let the world win, Ally McBeal.

John "The Biscuit" Cage: I'm not going through an odd phase, I really am odd.

John "The Biscuit" Cage: Men lie to get women into bed. Women lie to get men into matrimony. Those are the simple facts of life.

John "The Biscuit" Cage: I need to take a moment.

John "The Biscuit" Cage: Unacceptable!

John "The Biscuit" Cage: Repugnant!

John "The Biscuit" Cage: Balls!

John "The Biscuit" Cage: I will not stand to be disparaged.

John "The Biscuit" Cage: I'm troubled.

John "The Biscuit" Cage: I'm drawn to her.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu